Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's all about me!!!

So I saw on a friend's blog that she had a list of a hundred things about herself and I thought it might be fun to do. I am a bit worried that you will get tired of reading about me but I guess you don't have to read my blog if you don't want to right? So here goes...

1. I only like my coffee crisp or in ice capp form
2. I don’t like drinks with fizz in them
3. The only pop I like is diet coke and I prefer it flat.
4. I hate rollercoasters
5. I can’t even stand the swings at the park
6. I also hate scary movies
7. I am a wimp
8. I am glad I am finally secure enough to be able admit that
9. I wish I was good at taking pictures, really good
10. Dusting is one of my least favourite household chores
11. I don’t like cooking, it's the deciding that's the worst
12. I am terrible at typing, terrible, pathetic
13. But I am a perfectionist so I try to go back and fix all my mistakes
14. I went to three different universities to get my degree, UCFV, TWU and Open University
15. I have considered sending a joke into reader’s digest, maybe I will still do that someday
16. I used to collect reader digests when I was a kid
17. It is bugging me that I didn’t capitalize “reader’s digest” but I am resisting fixing it
18. I have always wanted to be bilingual
19. I would be bilingual but I was too shy to practice my Romanian enough to become fluent while I lived there
20. I decided that I would talk to the next person I heard speaking Romanian and I did a few weeks ago! At the park across the street a mother was there speaking with her kids and I spoke to her. She thought I was Romanian. She moved away only a couple of weeks after that so we didn’t get to spend any time together.
21. I was a bit sad but also relieved, getting to know new people scares me
22. My dentist is Romanian. I am WAY too shy to speak to him in Romanian!
23. I have also studied French (of course), German, Latin, Spanish and a bit of Sign
24. I used to do signing to music for the offeratory at my old church
25. I found it less stressful than playing my flute for the church
26. I don't know why I felt it was necessary to say yes whenever they asked me to do something in front of the church
27. I took a boundaries class a few years ago :)
28. I had five different roommates before I married Jason
29. I have only lived alone for a total of three months or so. I didn’t like it.
30. At my old job, I got hired four times in total
31. I am listening to my daughter count in Spanish right now and she is better at it than English I think. Thanks Dora
32. The scariest thing I have ever done is move to Romania
33. The gutsiest and craziest thing I have ever done is sit on (straddle) a crocodile in the middle of nowhere, Northern Ghana
34. My most exhilarating moments have been giving birth to my two kids and finishing my first 5k race
35. My favourite time of day is 8-11pm
36. Unlike my husband, I don't like playing team sports
37. Baseball and volleyball are my least favourite team sports to play
38. I used to like watching baseball
39. I saw the Blue Jays play at the Skydome in Toronto four times one summer
40. I was a Canucks fan when I lived in Ontario and a Blue Jays fan in BC
41. As a teenager I had posters of Pavel Bure and Joe Carter on my wall
42. My dad went to spring training one year for work. He took pictures of Joe Carter for me
43. I have worked for both of my parents and my father-in-law at various points throughout my life
44. I developed a fear of dogs while living in Romania. Stray dogs are everywhere.
45. I don't really like cats much. Sorry cat lovers
46. We have a fish and that I can handle
47. I don’t like eating fish though, except tuna
48. I also don't like onions, green peppers and mushrooms
49. Someone told me I was a picky eater once. I was offended :)
50. I think my love language is quality time, but I have never actually read the book, is there really enough to write a whole book about it?
51. I have a fear of phones, I don't like calling people. So don't be offended if I don't call. I even used to avoid calling numbers I knew would be automated
52. A few other people have told me that they hate phones too so I feel a bit better now
53. I used to live in the states and learned the hard way they don't know what a chesterfield is
54. When I was learning to talk I used to say "deedaba" all the time and my parents never figured out what it meant.
55. I haven't been able to wear contacts since my kids were born.
56. My favourite pizza is Hawaiian
57. As kids my brother and I had hamsters, his bullied mine until we came home to his with holes bitten out if its sides and mine happy at last
58. I named both of my hamsters Hammy
59. Hammy the 2nd died after I let him lick the condensation off my window
60. I had a carrot patch kid when I was a kid, cabbage patch knock-off
61. I started dreaming of working in an orphanage when I was 11 after two kids I fell in love with were taken away by child services
62. I don't really have a sweet tooth, just a chocolate tooth
63. I never liked spicy foods until a college friend got me into eating fries with hot sauce on them
64. The shortest I have had a job was about a week
65. I did the early morning shift at a fitness club in the basement of Cedar park place. Alone. With massive body builders. The Abbotsford Killer was on the loose. It was way too frightening.
66. I also worked at Apollo in the daycare. I still have never seen the inside of that gym yet.
67. This was going to be a list of 100 but I am feeling really egotistical talking about myself so much. It's someone else's turn now. I look forward to reading other people's lists.
68. I had fun talking about myself so much though. I could go on:)

5 comments:

Demara said...

Things we have in common and things I had something to say about: 2,3,11,13,17 but sometimes i feel like being creative, plus i feel like the lower case letters are overlooked a lot of the time, 18, 20 :(,27 I'd need that :D,30 huh?, 31 awesome!, 33 what, why?, 34, 51, 52 I'm one of them :), 54 abracadabra maybe?, 55 weird why what happens?, 56, 57 :s ew!, 59 lol, 60 never heard of a carrot patch, 61 :( aw!, 62 haha can i eat your chocolate tooth?, 65 :D lol, 66 I haven't heard either, we should take a tour sometime...

Thanks for sharing Julie, it was fun reading! (and about you copying me...I feel honored.)

did you think we had THAT much in common???

Demara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Demara said...

not 34...woops I accidentally wrote that one because that number comes after 33. eek! haha (laugh it off Demara, laugh it off...)

oh and when i wrote the bit about 66 I don't know why I wrote the word "heard" in there, maybe because Jeff was talking on the phone at his computer next to me and he said that word...oopzy daisy.

(oh look there's my perfectionism coming out in ME)

dandy said...

Hey it was fun reading all those facts about you! we share the phonaphobia :) its amazing how we can be friends and never call eachother hahah good thing theres email and church!
I had a hammy too, his name started out as dusty but that never stuck. hamsters are great i cried so hard when mine died.(i was in gr. 9) sad eh?!

Julie said...

D - thanks for all your comments. They made me laugh. Good to know we have so much in common. I can explain some of your questions next time we see each other. I know we won't be talking on the phone:) heehee.
Mandy - I'm glad we can still be friends inspite of our phonophobia handicap:)