I just finished my second Wilton cake decorating course at Michael's. My teacher recommended taking pictures of all the cakes we made to see how we are coming along. The first course we had to make a cake every week. The second course was all about making flowers with royal icing, the kind of flowers that harden and you can put on a cake later, so we were only required to make one cake at the end as a grand finale. It has been alot of time and energy making icing and cakes and preparing for class so I am taking a break from classes for now. Maybe I will take the third course in a few months but for now here is a slideshow of the cakes I have made recently...
Now I am going to eat the grand finale cake!! Yum.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow, Julie! That grand finale cake
is gorgeous. The rest are pretty
nice as well. So, is there any
left or did you eat the whole thing?
Mom W.
Those cakes look delicious! Your famiy must be well fed!
haha you're going to eat the cake now! Well YA hello?!?!? haha it looks delicious, Julie~ Congrats are making it thus far and for doing such beautiful jobs!!! Perhaps you'll be the next star of your own "Ace of Cakes" type show...haha, beautiful work.
Post a Comment