Thursday, August 28, 2008

Camping with Daddy

Since Hannah had such a good time the last time we went camping - and Kiera did not - we decided that it would be good if Jason and Hannah had a father-daughter trip and Kiera and I stayed home. A couple other fathers and kids joined them as well, Dan and his little girl, Dahlia and Brian, Jason's brother, and his four kids, Brianna, Alyssa, Matthew and Katie. They went to Cultus Lake and had a good time for the first two days and the first night. Then it started to rain and since I was there visiting with Mandy and our two little ones that evening, we just decided to bring the older ones home with us. The men stayed behind for the night so they could pack up the next morning. It turned out to be a good thing we took the girls home because Jason discovered a pool of water in their tent when he went to bed that night. Everything was soaked. He was able to join his brother and his kids in the tent trailer, fortunately. The next morning when Hannah woke up she said she wanted to go back to camping so I guess it must have been a good time. They went to the lake a few times, although it was too cold to swim. I am told the kids played cards together and did lots of colouring. They also got to make s'mores and feed the resident mouse until it ended up stiff in the bushes beside the campsite. Hmmm... maybe people food wasn't so good for it.

2 comments:

dandy said...

thats hilarious...Dahlia said the same thing in the morning she wanted to go back to camping..and as soon as my tired wet husband walked in the door she said to him "daddy can you taking me camping again!"

Julie said...

I bet Dan was happy to hear that! I can guess what his answer was.