Thursday, August 28, 2008

Birthday Week

Since there are only four days between Jason's birthday and mine, we usually celebrate together every year. This year we ended up having birthday celebrations that lasted almost a week. It started on friday with a birthday lunch with four generations of women: my grandma, my mom, me and my girls. What a great thing to be able to do! It reminds me of a picture I have from when I was a kid and my great-grandma was still alive. That evening Jason and I went out for dinner and to a BC Lions game. Just for the record, Jason's gotten some teasing for making me watch football for my birthday but I was the one that really wanted to go to a football game. I thought it would be fun to do something different. It was different. I don't know anything about football and it was too loud for Jason to explain everything. So I watched the Felions, the "dancers". They are definitely not cheerleaders, just a distraction for the men to watch between plays. Maybe next year we should celebrate our birthdays in the winter and go to a Canucks game so I can at least understand some of it. :) Anyway, it was a fun night, hanging out with my best friend. The kids had a great time too, thanks to my brother-in-law and sister-in-law who babysat for us.
Next came dinner at my other brother-in-law and sister-in-law's on saturday, then dinner at my parents' on sunday. Then Jason and Hannah went on their father-daughter camping trip (more about that later). Kiera and I went up to visit them the second day and I took along a basketball cake for Jason's birthday. On wednesday, which was Jay's actual birthday, the girls and I decorated the front window to welcome him home after camping. In the evening we went out for dinner and then over to his parents' for desert. And that's it! Birthdays are over in our house for another year. Although... we still get to enjoy my father-in-law's birthday tomorrow! :)

2 comments:

The Yee's said...

How fun! Who got to clean up the front window with the beautiful decorations?

Julie said...

Me of course! The window was easy to clean. It was the spots on the carpet that didn't come out. Ugh. I didn't check that they were washable markers before we started. We won't do that again!