Friday, April 13, 2007

Suggestions?

Does anyone have any ideas of activities to occupy two 1 1/2 year old girls? Preferably ideas that don't cause fights, huge messes or lots of extra work for me? I've tried a number of things but most end up being more stress than fun in the end. Walks are wonderful but it is getting harder for me to walk long distances and the forecast is calling for a lot of rain in the coming weeks. I am also going to be babysitting a two year old boy one day a week starting next week, for as long as I can handle it at least, so I could use lots of time consuming ideas! Thanks for your help.

9 comments:

Alvin & Denise Engler said...

bummer. i was looking forward to hearing some suggestions. lots of outdoor ones... picking dandelions (though i see you don't have *any* in your lawn!), painting the sidewalk with water, blowing bubbles. indoor ones are hard to come by though. play dough? coloring?
-de

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I am a bit disappointed too. I was waiting to hear some great ideas too!!

We have LOTS of dandelions at our place. You can bring them over and we could occupy them for hours... picking "flowers"!!

dandy said...

cages and treehouse.

What more could you ask for.

dandy said...

sorry about dans comment... I wish I had suggestions... I just have one and she sometimes fights with herself and she makes a big mess out of anything and everything. sometimes sitting them in highchairs and giving them paper and crayons keeps them occupied for a while. or just feed them chocolate. that will keep them quite until the sugar and caffine kicks in... do it half hour before parents come hehhehe

that's us... said...

i'm very interested in any ideas too...some days it just seems like you need some new fun ideas...anything involveing jumping or bubbles sure seems to be a hit!

Anonymous said...

I know this comment is late, so I'm not sure that you'll read it but. . . two indoor things that are fool proof in my home are cardboard boxes, and balloons. They aren't very messy, and they occupy them for hours!

Bekah said...

I agree with Lisa. Go get a great big box and let them decorate it. Cut a door and a window, and let them play house with dollies and plastic dishes. Then turn it over and fill it with a few balloons and make a ball pit with it. (or do this before cutting into it) Go online and search for easy crafts and games for toddlers you'll probably find a whole bunch of stuff.

Julie said...

Thanks for the ideas. Boxes, bubbles and balloons. I haven't tried that big box idea since Hannah was much younger and she was too afraid to go in it. I'm sure she would love it now.

Demara said...

my suggestion: call Carolanne (since she is an ECE Teacher and all!!)

:)