Thursday, August 31, 2006

Camping!!!

A couple of weekends ago we went camping in Merrit with Dan, Mandy and Dahlia and Tony, Rebekah, Rowan, Quinten, and Malachi. What can I say about this weekend? It was dirty, it was tiring, and... it was fun. We would have liked to have a shower or two probably, and a whole lot more sleep would have been good but we had a good time catching up with friends. Hannah's first experience with camping when she was 2 months old did not go well. We cleared the campground after the second night and we ended up in a hotel the third night -- so, needless to say, I was nervous about this adventure. All things considered she was very good this time. She slept well for the most part. I was amazed at what she could sleep through. I think she was the only one who slept through Dahlia's crying, but, of course she woke up crying five minutes after Dahlia calmed down! Now I can laugh about that but in the middle of the night... well no one got much sleep between those two little ones' "schedules". Oh, I have to mention that the three boys (Rowan, Quinten, and Malachi) are great kids and they were awesome with the girls. Both girls were completely taken with them and they could make them smile even in the grumpiest moments! Wonder what will happen in about 16 years;) So here are some pictures of the "compound".














Hannah just hangin' with Mr Janzen. And Jason having a cuddle with both girls.


We also got a chance to go to the beach and play in the freezing cold water. The girls were not daunted at all by the cold, although Hannah did not stop shaking for ten minutes after and Dahlia got really sick that night. Hmmm... maybe we should have been worried about that water!

Well I can't get blogger to upload any more pictures and I am giving up and publishing this post without the other pictures. Is anyone else having this much trouble with blogger? The whole last month I have barely been able to post anything. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

dandy said...

I have a feeling it will be much less than 16 years before we will be noticing some differences in the girls attitudes when the Janzen boys are around :) hehehe... why oh why did we have to have girls eh?!
camping was fun for the most part. i'd do it again. good memories and good friends how can i pass that up?

Bekah said...

Thanx for the raving review of my angels :) I wouldn't stop them if your girls got interested in my boys or vise versa :) We'd be great In laws! HA HA HA. Thanx for the great memories.