Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Getting caught up

It's been quite a while since I have posted anything which means there is a lot to post. The biggest news is that we are having another baby! Due July 22nd. I have gotten so big so fast this time. It is hard to believe I am only three months pregnant in this picture!

I have quit babysitting, partly because of the pregnancy wearing me out, but also because Hannah has started preschool this January. She is thrilled and, even though she got a later start than almost all of the other kids, she has settled in immediately. She is so easygoing. I was more nervous than her. It is the preschool that is connected to our church so that makes all of us feel very comfortable with it. She made sure to remind me that we have to go to church for preschool, in case I had forgotten how to get there. The other thing that we decided to take on this December was a craft sale. My mom and I hosted a craft sale at her house with ten women selling their homemade goods, everything from chocolates and cookies (that was us) to pillowcases and body lotions. It was a fun day but way too much for me to take on in the middle of my first trimester. My mom also got really sick with the flu that same week and we were regretting choosing perishable items which meant a lot of last minute prep. Maybe next year we will scale it down a bit.Kiera was pooped after that day too. She is such a Papa's girl, and a Grandpa's girl and of course a Daddy's girl too! Hannah's class had their Christmas performance mid-december. They were supposed to sing Silent Night and Away in a Manger. We had practiced at home but when the time came the crowd of photographers were too distracting. Oh well, they were cute!

Jason was able to take quite a bit of time off this Christmas. It was very nice. We spent most of the time at home, relaxing, playing in the snow and building tents of blankets.

2 comments:

Alvin & Denise Engler said...

Congratulations Wiebes!
-de

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you were doing it again. Congratulations on the 3rd baby!!